Has anyone grown brine shrimp?

chickofthesea

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2015
Messages
160
Reaction score
82
Location
champaign, illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to help the kids from the coral reef project at the school where I volunteer at. I have hatched them out before but never grown them up. Any advice? I like to Diy Stuff. Also I am into teaching recycling whenever I can. Thanks.
 
If you want to see them to adult-hood, it's very similar to just hatching. Maybe add some ground up pellets and they'll feed off the surface gunk. Otherwise they're pretty self-sufficient.
If you need to separate shells, check out Paul's hatcher, it basically is 2 sides, with a hole in the center, and then you add light to the side opposite of the eggs. As they hatch they see the light, swim through the hole and you then have all the shells collected on the opposite side.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new