Has anyone installed a ReefMat 500 on infinia reef 150.4?

ironmnki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone installed a ReefMat 500 on infinia reef 150.4 ? Any reference videos? What is the correct size mat for the sump?

I’d like an auto fleece roller as I am too lazy to clean my socks every 3-4 days .

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Has anyone installed a ReefMat 500 on infinia reef 150.4 ? Any reference videos? What is the correct size mat for the sump?

I’d like an auto fleece roller as I am too lazy to clean my socks every 3-4 days .

Frankly, you could get a ReefMat 1200 in there. I have the WB infininia 190.5 and it looks like the same sump. You can take a look at my tank thread....it fits snugly but very well.

OP
OP
I

ironmnki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frankly, you could get a ReefMat 1200 in there. I have the WB infininia 190.5 and it looks like the same sump. You can take a look at my tank thread....it fits snugly but very well.
Just saw your setup very nice!

Looks like if fit just fine where the socks were, that section is identical in both sumps 8.5 x 15 so I will go with the 1200 thanks for your help!

I’m planning on a refugium as well and here is the gear I am looking at budget conscious of course .

Reefmat 1200
Two max spect jump lights with diffusers
Maxspect jump 30 refugium light
Maxspect duo skimmer
Maxspect turbine duo return 3000
2x Maxspect gyre cloud 350

Not sure which if uv sterilizer I will go with yet or what heater to go with.

All Maxspect should work with synag cloud

Based on the measurements I believe I’ll be able to fit all and still have space for my chaeto refugium.

I have two apcs I’ll be running for backups and I’m going the cheap with the kasa power strips for now as they are 40 bucks wifi controlled with apps and you can control each plug individually .

I will look at apex after I regain my footing on all the spend .

Also planning on doing an NSA aquascape

I’m a newbie but I’m up for all the challenges.

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just saw your setup very nice!

Looks like if fit just fine where the socks were, that section is identical in both sumps 8.5 x 15 so I will go with the 1200 thanks for your help!

I’m planning on a refugium as well and here is the gear I am looking at budget conscious of course .

Reefmat 1200
Two max spect jump lights with diffusers
Maxspect jump 30 refugium light
Maxspect duo skimmer
Maxspect turbine duo return 3000
2x Maxspect gyre cloud 350

Not sure which if uv sterilizer I will go with yet or what heater to go with.

All Maxspect should work with synag cloud

Based on the measurements I believe I’ll be able to fit all and still have space for my chaeto refugium.

I have two apcs I’ll be running for backups and I’m going the cheap with the kasa power strips for now as they are 40 bucks wifi controlled with apps and you can control each plug individually .

I will look at apex after I regain my footing on all the spend .

Also planning on doing an NSA aquascape

I’m a newbie but I’m up for all the challenges.
My best advise for a newbie is live rock

OP
OP
I

ironmnki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi David,

Just started setting up my tank and was wondering if you could walk me through how you installed the reef mat as I’m a newbie and don’t want to mess anything up. Did you remove glass panels etc ?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are that with a 1200 filter roller and a skimmer that you won't have need for the refugium :)

What benefits are you looking for from running the refugium?

mikej379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey did you ever get a picture on how to set up the Reefmat 500 on the Infinia 150.4. I’m trying to figure this out now

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back