Has anyone received their apex a3?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after this week's release of the new apex, I'm wondering if anyone has hed a chance to get their hands on one in real life.

If so, any first impressions? Any obvious differences between the previous version? Other than which ports are where...

Thoughts?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will know on Monday when mine arrives.

The only difference on the new Pro (A3) from my ELMO (A2) will be the soft rubberized coating and extra ports on the bottom. The chipset is the exact same as A2. Build is likely to be identical as well. This is why anyone with the A2 doesn't need to upgrade to the A3. Grab an FMM and you have the exact same thing. Well, 99% the same. Rubberized coating on the Pro and the new design temp probe are the only differences.

I only went from the ELMO to the Pro because I wanted the FMM, LLS, LD3, and an EB832. By the time I started adding it all up plus making room for the extra module, it made sense to get the Pro. Then I can offset some cost by selling the ELMO or leave on the shelf as a backup.

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will know on Monday when mine arrives.

The only difference on the new Pro (A3) from my ELMO (A2) will be the soft rubberized coating and extra ports on the bottom. The chipset is the exact same as A2. Build is likely to be identical as well. This is why anyone with the A2 doesn't need to upgrade to the A3. Grab an FMM and you have the exact same thing. Well, 99% the same. Rubberized coating on the Pro and the new design temp probe are the only differences.

I only went from the ELMO to the Pro because I wanted the FMM, LLS, LD3, and an EB832. By the time I started adding it all up plus making room for the extra module, it made sense to get the Pro. Then I can offset some cost by selling the ELMO or leave on the shelf as a backup.
Stupid question, but how do you know the chipset is the same?

I missed the temp probe thing. What's new about them?

Second stupid question: what are the FMM, LLS and LD3 modules?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stupid question, but how do you know the chipset is the same?

I missed the temp probe thing. What's new about them?

Second stupid question: what are the FMM, LLS and LD3 modules?

I talked to Thomas at BRS about it all. I have seen some people mention it changed but I haven't found that info. Everything the A3 can or will do, the A2 will do.

The temp probe now looks like the other probes so it will fit standard probe holders.

Fluid Metering Module, Liquid Level Sensor, and Leak Detection V3 sensor.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 108 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 66 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 57 30.6%
Back