Has anyone seen this behavior from their clown

Pirate Randy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2015
Messages
49
Reaction score
14
Location
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of designer snowflake clowns. In the past week, my black one has started to hang out inside my purple palys. He will frequently look like it is dead. Is this normal behavior? If it is a problem, what should I do? I moved the paly rock shortly after I got the clowns because they kept bothering it and it would not open. They left it alone for a few weeks. I have attached a couple of pictures
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452454455.636735.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452454479.053410.jpg
 
Mine will take to just about anything with tentacles. The female usually sticks to the anemone but wants it for herself and kicks the male out. So I've seen him in all four euphyllia that are near the nem, duncans, and a trachyphyllia at one point. I haven't seen him in any of my z/p's but if it isn't bothering either of them I don't see it as an issue.
 
They have chosen to live in your palys as if they were an anemone. This behavior is also known as hosting, the paly is the host and the clown is the guest and in short time the corals will adapt and remain open.
 
Thanks for the information. That's what I thought was happening but wasn't sure if it would be a problem for the fish or corals
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new