has anyone succeeded in breeding the sargassum frogfish?

nicks nano reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
55
Reaction score
2
Location
orlando florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to get a pair of sargassum frogfish in early september so I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with breeding them and rearing their young. (p.s this is specific to sargassum frog fish)
 
I believe there was a study recently on observing the feeding apparatus of wild caught sargassum fish. The pair bred while in captivity. I don't recall if the fry survived to adulthood. But I have babies locally where I'm at.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new