Has anyone tried making rocks like this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter leptang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

leptang

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
532
Reaction score
243
Location
Portland, OR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stumbled upon this... Using low DC power to make Calcium carbonate
440px-Manta_ray_Biorock_reef.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biorock
 
I'm thinking I might do this in my next build when I get my new house. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with this?
 
"Later experiments showed that the coatings can thicken at the rate of 5 cm per year"

I would get started now if I was you lol.
 
I was thinking of using a a little higher volt and adding a lot of lime water to boost the Calcium carbonate levels... Do you think it would speeds it up?
 
No idea, but I would imagine that if there was a %100 proven way to speed it up they would have done so, so that the reefs could have been built faster. Would love to here what others think
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new