Has anyone tried the Frozen Copepods?

SteveMM62Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,640
Reaction score
1,617
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is what PetCo is now offering, only available by shipping. They said it will soon be offered in the stores.​

Tropical Marine Centre Gamma Frozen Food Copepod Blister Pack Fish Food, 570 Grams, Pack of 6​

 
I've used hikari frozen cyclops for years, its great to get picky fish eating so you can move onto other foods.

Personally I don't like to feed it regularly, the cyclops are just too small, and I find that most of what I add doesn't get eaten, and it ends up fouling the water. Just my opinion
 

This is what PetCo is now offering, only available by shipping. They said it will soon be offered in the stores.​

Tropical Marine Centre Gamma Frozen Food Copepod Blister Pack Fish Food, 570 Grams, Pack of 6​

TMC is the main dealer over here and everyone in the UK uses their foods. I love it personally but it is also the only frozen food really available over here.

My Wrasses (Tamarins, Pencils, Leopards, Pink Streaks) all go absolutely nuts for the pods I throw into my frozen mix.
 
What if the frozen copepods are mixed with the algae flakes for the fish to feed? I had mix the mysis with such flakes and it turns out to be favored by my four eyed fish
 
Even though my Mandarin, has plenty of live pods to eat, I would like something to supplement. Once in a while, it will eat a Mysis Shrimp, especially if it sees the Watchmen eat the Mysis.
 
They also have Artic Pods which you keep in the fridge and just dose 5ml or so in the tank. Basically dead pods added as fish food.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new