Has anyone used Seachem's Salinity salt?

I use it, no complaints, pricing a bit high IF you care about that...
Mixes well, ready to use in 8-12hrs and stores well without needing to use a powerheads to keep it mixing.
ALK mixed to 8.2 - 8.6 the few times I have tested it.
 
I also setup with n use it I've been very happy with it. As stated it is a little more pricey then some others but a great salt from my experience.
 
I used it for a year. During that time I had some major outbreaks of algae and briopsis, but not sure we can solely blame the salt for that. Tank was about 3 years old when it happened, sooooo who knows what started it. I changed salts and did about 12 other things when it finally cleared up. I just figured for the price, if my system did not care why should I pay. :)

Oh, when mixed it sizzles which is kind of scary the first time. Also like any salts, burns you if you get hand in it.
 
I used it for a few years. Never had any issue with it. I quit using it when I setup my auto dose. I was mostly using it for the higher ALK levels but since I dose now i went back to reef crystals
 
Thanks for the input guys. While instant ocean og was good for my large system, I think I want to try something out that will make me less dependent on dosing and more on water changes

Just looking for a nice consistent salt that isn't red sea
 
Thanks for the input guys. While instant ocean og was good for my large system, I think I want to try something out that will make me less dependent on dosing and more on water changes

Just looking for a nice consistent salt that isn't red sea

FWIW, it won't be any better in that regard than IO. Alkalinity is lower in Aquavitro Salinity and calcium is about the same.
 
I use it and love it.....I haven't yet needed to dose with it but will probably soon as I add more SPS.

I wait until Foster has 20% and order a bunch of boxes.
 
i found the alkalinity to be low,so i had to dose my mixing station anyway

Lower than what?

They claim a guaranteed analysis of about 9-11 dKH at 35 ppt. :)
 
I use it and love it!! I can get the big bucket for around 70 bucks. The parameters for my fresh water is perfect!
 
I used it for a few years. If you can get it cheap like $67 for 225 gals well worth it. I stop using it because LFS was the only place to get it and after a year the price went to $90. Switch to Seachem Reef Salt. instead. No difference except the price.
 
Lfs here has it for under $70 as well and depending who you get register I can sometimes get my local fish club discount too. 10%.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new