Has this or could this be done

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a 3D printer or not sure if this is possible.
Could someone make a canopy similar to a treasure chest style that hooks to the back of the tank and opens like a treasure chest?
Made of fiberglass, so it would be light. Easy access to the tank. Held open with brackets or whatever.
I can't seem to find anything like it in line.
I have a 75 gallon tank and got rid of the old heavy pine canopy I had. I'm getting older and retired, so I'm looking to make things easier.
Thank you in advance for any help.

OP
OP
Dorinda

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a 3D printer or not sure if this is possible.
Could someone make a canopy similar to a treasure chest style that hooks to the back of the tank and opens like a treasure chest?
Made of fiberglass, so it would be light. Easy access to the tank. Held open with brackets or whatever.
I can't seem to find anything like it in line.
I have a 75 gallon tank and got rid of the old heavy pine canopy I had. I'm getting older and retired, so I'm looking to make things easier.
Thank you in advance for any help.
I don't want lights attached to it. I have lights. Maybe possibly to attach my lights to it. They are light.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a website?

We sure do.

Sorry, you will not find anything like your are thinking of though. Thats a fun custom build there. Please see the link below.

OP
OP
Dorinda

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sure do.

Sorry, you will not find anything like your are thinking of though. Thats a fun custom build there. Please see the link below.

Ok. So do you know who I could find to make something like that?

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a local car audio shop. Would be easy to make the same way you make a speaker enclosure. Frame and hinge in MDF, stretch your fleece, then glass it up. Mud it up for the detail and finish work. Last step would be gel coat it. It’s honestly something you can do yourself. Only portion that would require skill is the detail work. I.e. making the wood texture and painting it assuming you want it to match a wood stand. If your stand is modern style this is an afternoons work.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Other.

Back