have no idea what to do with lighting

Danghost22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently took apart a t5 light and converted the light into a hybrid setup for a hydra 26HD. So I’ve been trying to do some research along with asking around in my local club for any more information on what bulbs to run along with what light schedule to run. However much I asked im still right where I started. The tank I want to put the hybrid is 20x20x20 (30 gallon nano) and the current light (hydra 26HD) is I believe 8 inches from the water line. The plans for this tank is to grow sps at the top and lps like torches at the bottom. I’ve always used LEDs so t5’s are new to me so I don’t know what bulbs nor what par I’ll be roughly getting.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24” Bulbs? I’ve always bought ATI or Gleismann (spelling?). .... I like Blue + , but you might like just using the actinic with the LED’s ...Blue specials and Coral plus might be a lil white for some

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply has numerous videos were they scientifically examine the spectrum of the most common T5 bulbs and how to set up the most common LEDs to maximize the benefit for corals. If you want the cliff notes answer, a combo of Blue Plus and True Actinic is best for your corals. Coral Plus adds white that may be aesthetically pleasing but the added wavelength is not necessary.

OP
OP
D

Danghost22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you everyone for your input I’ll give the blue+ and actinics a shoot and take a look at the brs videos.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back