Bmezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2336.JPG
IMG_2498.JPG
IMG_2499.JPG
so I have these spiky things that I have been told are some type of snail. They have multiplied all over my 180 reef. I try to break them off and have cut back on food. I have heard to glue them but just too many. There has to be some natual predator or chemical way to get rid of this help please!

wattson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no predator,,lower nutrients and do water changes,,skim skim..feed way less and only every other day at best..get stainless steel bone cutters and get crunching ,,1 by 1 or let it work its way out through better water params/less feeding..if that works over time

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid snails. I’m trying my hardest to keep them from my new display but they can sprout from insides a corals skeleton or on top of a snails shell so very hard to avoid. I’ve heard of Wrasse fish nipping at them but I can’t say I never tried and they never went away in my old tank

OP
OP
Bmezz

Bmezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no predator,,lower nutrients and do water changes,,skim skim..feed way less and only every other day at best..get stainless steel bone cutters and get crunching ,,1 by 1 or let it work its way out through better water params/less feeding..if that works over time
I hear you thank you. Parameters are really what that should be. I break these off as low as I can to the rock. They seem to just keep coming back or spreading. Really sucks....skimming for sure!

OP
OP
Bmezz

Bmezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid snails. I’m trying my hardest to keep them from my new display but they can sprout from insides a corals skeleton or on top of a snails shell so very hard to avoid. I’ve heard of Wrasse fish nipping at them but I can’t say I never tried and they never went away in my old tank
That's not the right answer .
Ok hopefully someone has a good idea.. thanks maybe this group has someone with an experience that helps us all! Thanks

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Danny Venditti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get them every once in a while too. I turn off all flow and carefully inject a bit of coral glue into the opening. wait a few weeks for them to die and cut them off.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back