New coral with vermentin snails

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this branching hammer coral that is covered with vermentin snails all the way to where the flesh starts. Can i shave a millimeter off the base of the corals flesh then use some coral dip for any remaining pest?

OP
OP
NowGlazeIT

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6CC67183-35CC-497F-811E-36E0119E59D1.jpeg

9BACEC84-E408-4BE0-894A-EF6A27B520C1.jpeg

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just break the tubes and not give it a second thought. Vermetids are pretty common and will self regulate so long as you don’t overfeed.

OP
OP
NowGlazeIT

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just break the tubes and not give it a second thought. Vermetids are pretty common and will self regulate so long as you don’t overfeed.

I hear you I’m just starting up a new tank and i want to try my best to keep unwanted pest out. This is one pest I’d like to avoid just for astetics

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you I’m just starting up a new tank and i want to try my best to keep unwanted pest out. This is one pest I’d like to avoid just for astetics
I consider these one of the unavoidable pests. They are barely even pests to be honest. Only a problem if they irritate a coral. You’ll drive yourself crazy trying to keep every tiny pest out. Are you going to QT every wet thing you put in your tank for a minimum of 3 months, including snails, rocks, corals, etc? That’s about what it would take. :)

OP
OP
NowGlazeIT

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider these one of the unavoidable pests. They are barely even pests to be honest. Only a problem if they irritate a coral. You’ll drive yourself crazy trying to keep every tiny pest out. Are you going to QT every wet thing you put in your tank for a minimum of 3 months, including snails, rocks, corals, etc? That’s about what it would take. :)
Definitely can’t do that haha but i thought i had a fighting chance to avoid adding these pest from my old tank to my new one. If they break out in the New tank i won’t try to fight it but right now the fight is easy

Bmezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate these Vermetids. I wish there was a natural fish predator that would eat them or something that would graze on them

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back