Have you ever bought the wrong coral by mistake

  • Thread starter Thread starter ermartin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ermartin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
358
Reaction score
101
Location
California north central
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently at my LFS and I was on the hunt for some Strawberry shortcake. They didn't have any in the display but they had some in the back and said he had a nice big chunk he could sell me cheaper than normal as it hadn't been in long and lost some color. Well When I got home it looked a bit odd and as soon as I got it in the tank I realized it was Pink Lemon-aid and not strawberry shortcake. I also immediately realized it was MY mistake not his as that's Actually what I asked for... the worst part is I had just trimmed my Pink lemon-aid a week or so before because I already had an abundance of it :)
 
Yes was sold a pink lemonade that turned out to be a Christmas mirabilis. Shame on me for not knowing. Seller eventually fessed up to the mistake lol!
 
Years ago an online vendor sold me a "Purple Monster" and when un-bagged it and added it to my tank I saw this....

June0307Tankpic1.jpg


And then after a while it turned into this....

Sep092009Tankpic111.jpg


I believe it was an Acropora Lokani.
 
That A. lokani is very nice. I would knock on your door asking for a frag if you were closer
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new