Have you ever decided that your fish aren't happy?

saltyfish24

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
186
Reaction score
78
Location
MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has ever watched their fish and decided they don't look happy in the aquarium and re-homed them? I'm not talking about illness. I'm referring to general happiness. Could be tank size, or tank environment, or tank mates.

Curious what your stories are.
 
100% - before I acquire any fish, I think about this. I almost always feed in a fish trap, so the fish are easier to catch and re-home if needed. We are their caretakers. If their color is off, they are not acting correctly - over a period of time, I have no problem re-homing them for their health and happiness.
 
Yep! That is why I had to surrender two of my fish to our LFS. Had a terrible outbreak of algae, water parameters were terrible, and to the fish's best interest, I had to rehome them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new