Have You Ever Kept a Snowflake Eel?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How many of you guys have kept snowflake eels? Tell us about your experience! Did you keep them in a predator tank, a reef? Did you enjoy it? Would you do it again?

I had one for a while, and I loved mine! He was in a predator tank with several other predators. He stayed with me until I had to rehome him to move to Cali.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one in a fowlr with a lion fish. He only lasted about a year so my experience was a failure. I believe he got stung by the lion which was just bad luck. He ate with an extreme amount of gusto and would go nuts splashing at the food and running into the lion. This happened all the time and only once did he react bad. In the time I had him he put on considerable length and girth.

I would probably try my hand at another eel before I try another snowflake but despite my somewhat bad experience I did enjoy keeping him.

eeljuly2nd.jpg

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have experience with snowflakes eels. I have had three gave 2 away and now i'm back with my third one. I do like eels. Just waiting for the day I get a tank big enough for a Dragon eel.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i have a snowflake eel and they are awesome. Just they are probably the most likely to escape or jump out of your tank. especially during feedings which happened to me. Thanks

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fell in love with a tiny 5 inch one that my LFS had in stock. I put her in a 90 gallon fish only tank. Tank mates were a Powder Blue Tang and a Majestic Angelfish. She was a great pet for the 3 years I had her. She grew fast and would get a little crazy when hungry. One time I found her on my stairs covered in dust and dog hair. Still alive I threw her back into the tank and she recovered. The tank was fully covered with glass lids but somehow she was able to get out and crawl across the foyer and under the basement door to end up on the stairs. Except for a small facial cut she was as good as new. As the fish grew I had trouble maintaining quality water parameters in the tank and gave her away. I am now saving up $ for a Dwarf Golden Eel to try in my reef tank.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had them over the years. One lasted about 5 years and then slithered out of a small opening!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back