Have you heard of fritx expel-p

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that. It's worrisome in that you haven't seen any visible signs on the exterior of these seahorses.
Have you already separated the dwarfs?
Maybe you could set up the one gallon you previously mentioned and move the fry into that while adding the adult dwarfs to the hospital container with the erectus. It would mean changing the water in that tank daily, maybe about 20%, along with the 50% water change in the treatment container.
If you do it, don't use anything from the display tank without first sterilizing it as you may be just transferring the problem one tank to another. You won't need much in the way of artificial hitching but again, you will need open ended airline aeration.
This will also give you some time to do a rigorous cleaning of the display tank and put all new water in it. Check after to see if it recycles.

OP
OP
Lkemja

Lkemja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that. It's worrisome in that you haven't seen any visible signs on the exterior of these seahorses.
Have you already separated the dwarfs?
Maybe you could set up the one gallon you previously mentioned and move the fry into that while adding the adult dwarfs to the hospital container with the erectus. It would mean changing the water in that tank daily, maybe about 20%, along with the 50% water change in the treatment container.
If you do it, don't use anything from the display tank without first sterilizing it as you may be just transferring the problem one tank to another. You won't need much in the way of artificial hitching but again, you will need open ended airline aeration.
This will also give you some time to do a rigorous cleaning of the display tank and put all new water in it. Check after to see if it recycles.
Thank you..i will do that today!.

OP
OP
Lkemja

Lkemja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disinfect with bleach and water and wash /rinse well? Or you prefer somethi g else

OP
OP
Lkemja

Lkemja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son likes to use soap and water. But I also read bleach and water. To me too harsh but I'm not an expert

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people have their own preferences and for me, if I want to use whatever I'm sterilizing right away then I use peroxide.
I also use bleach but then rinse and soak in ClorAm-X to be sure to remove any remaining traces of bleach before using.
I never use soap.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back