Have you saved a coral that is slightly detached?

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a torch off ebay and the seller had an LFS package it up. They used bags with air for the cushion. One bag deflated in shipping and the coral took a beating. Part of the torch is detached. I have it in low flow and low light but am thinking there might be something I can do. Has anyone superglued loose tissue to help it reattach?

Any other ideas to help save something like this? I'll post a pic below.

OP
OP
R

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See the detached part near the middle/right?
IMG_20191017_165325098_HDR.jpg

cedwards04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow hammer frag that is the same way. It's been like that for about 2 months now, no idea if it will make it or not. Maybe someone will chime in and help us both out.

K95ranger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my hammer have a piece detached by me accidentally hitting it. It was in the same spot as your torch. I first super glued it back and then I hit it again a few weeks later. It had a small piece of exoskeleton with it and I glued it to a frag plug. Placed it right above my hammer on a ledge. Now its almost as big the original hammer and it has sure out grown at a better rate just being higher up by 3 inches.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've saved a Favia that exposed it skeleton after I got it. And a Candy cane that went through some tough damage and came close to detaching, but did not. So specifically, not me personally, but I have defintely had corals recover from severe damage.

Oh and this was all improved when the coral went from my QT to my Display tank. Once they were in the Display they recovered. So if a coral is doing poorly, I check for algae and do dips, or I change its environment.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back