Help My Chalice Coral Is Detaching

dodiacuario

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Madrid (Localidad)
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone. I've had Chalices twice now, and I always encounter the same issue. Initially, they seem fine for about a week, but then they start detaching tissue from the skeleton. Within 2-4 weeks, they completely detach, and the tissue floats around the aquarium. This happened with my latest Chalice Space Invader, and I'm wondering if anyone might know what could be causing this. Below, I'll attach the results from the latest ICP test.
chalice.jpg
80d46c3a-1ffa-4ef4-9961-dfe303c31c87.jpg
My aquarium is 100 liters, equipped with a Radion XR15 G4 light at 70% AB+. In terms of fish, I have 2 clownfish and 2 Nemateleotris magnifica. There are no corals nearby that could have caused damage initially. I attemptedamino acid bath to prevent deterioration (unsuccessfully), and I also tried a single bath of amoxicillin (also unsuccessful). I'm unsure if it was due to improper use or simply because the issue might not be bacterial.
 

Attachments

It won't last many more days... I tried more amino acid baths and changing the light zone to see if it was too much or too little and none of that worked...
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new