Help My Chalice Coral Is Detaching

dodiacuario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone. I've had Chalices twice now, and I always encounter the same issue. Initially, they seem fine for about a week, but then they start detaching tissue from the skeleton. Within 2-4 weeks, they completely detach, and the tissue floats around the aquarium. This happened with my latest Chalice Space Invader, and I'm wondering if anyone might know what could be causing this. Below, I'll attach the results from the latest ICP test.
chalice.jpg
80d46c3a-1ffa-4ef4-9961-dfe303c31c87.jpg
My aquarium is 100 liters, equipped with a Radion XR15 G4 light at 70% AB+. In terms of fish, I have 2 clownfish and 2 Nemateleotris magnifica. There are no corals nearby that could have caused damage initially. I attemptedamino acid bath to prevent deterioration (unsuccessfully), and I also tried a single bath of amoxicillin (also unsuccessful). I'm unsure if it was due to improper use or simply because the issue might not be bacterial.

Attachments

• icp02122023.pdf
    162.2 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
D

dodiacuario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't last many more days... I tried more amino acid baths and changing the light zone to see if it was too much or too little and none of that worked...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back