Have you seen our new market (beta phase) yet? Searched for or listed an item?

Have you took a look at the new marketplace? (check all that apply)

• Yes I have seen it

Votes: 124 33.2%
  • I have listed an item for sale

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • I have searched for an item

Votes: 43 11.5%
  • No I have not seen it

Votes: 237 63.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well we are finally moving forward with a better marketplace and while it's still in the "basic beta phase" we are very excited about how this could be an amazing tool for the community! That being said WE NEED YOUR HELP so we can start to populate it with equipment and corals. So please answer a few questions!

FIRST READ THIS: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-about-listing-an-item-in-our-beta-marketplace.840939/

1. Have you took a look at the new marketplace? Searched for something to buy or added an item to sell?

2. What are some cool additions we can do to make the market better? If you can think it, we can make it happen...probably!

3. Would you add an item and link back to it here so we can populate the market and test it out?

BANNER EMAIL 800 X 8002 copy.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m a person that does not adapt to change easily but it looks promising.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m a person that does not adapt to change easily but it looks promising.
WELL GOOD! And the cool thing is that you have the option to buy and sell the old way or the new way! :) So think of it as more options instead of a change! :D

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
WELL GOOD! And the cool thing is that you have the option to buy and sell the old way or the new way! :) So think of it as more options instead of a change! :D
Yes- that was noticed and a plus.

treedog5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have posted 2 items for sale and the first thing that has presented an issue is the shipping price. I stated in my thread that shipping will be on the buyer but if you look at the thread it shows shipping is $0, which leads ppl to think shipping is free/included in the price.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have posted 2 items for sale and the first thing that has presented an issue is the shipping price. I stated in my thread that shipping will be on the buyer but if you look at the thread it shows shipping is $0, which leads ppl to think shipping is free/included in the price.

Boom we will fix that!!!

Creggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Have you took a look at the new marketplace? Searched for something to buy or added an item to sell?

2. What are some cool additions we can do to make the market better? If you can think it, we can make it happen...probably!

3. Would you add an item and link back to it here so we can populate the market and test it out?
1: I looked up my area (maryland) and it seemed to work pretty well. I tried to pull up the listing but it said it was closed - maybe have closed listings pulled? Just a suggestion :)

2: I think additional search filters would be great - for corals It'd be great to be able to search for Packs or Single frags. For non corals it'd make sense to be able to search by each type of equipment (Skimmer / tank / lighting / etc.)

3: I don't have anything to sell :(

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find the new marketplace a little difficult to use. Especially the search fuction. If I try to filter or search for certain things it doesnt seem to really work very well.

NabberNate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listed something for sale and that part was easy. What is the sellers fee and how competitive are your shipping rates? Amazing the difference walking into Fed Ex or USPS with a pre-paid versus having them "ring" you up and put you through the "ringer".

David Houseward

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to view it by "newest" and haven't figured out if/how that can be done. I often just window shop and want to see what has been most recently added. Perhaps that's how it is already, I haven't spent that much time with it.

I do miss the public Q&A ability of the forum, though I recognize I can still just view everything in "classic" mode.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1: I looked up my area (maryland) and it seemed to work pretty well. I tried to pull up the listing but it said it was closed - maybe have closed listings pulled? Just a suggestion :)

2: I think additional search filters would be great - for corals It'd be great to be able to search for Packs or Single frags. For non corals it'd make sense to be able to search by each type of equipment (Skimmer / tank / lighting / etc.)

3: I don't have anything to sell :(

Thanks for the info!

Needs some work in list view.
Doesnt work on mobile quite well.
I like the old marketplace forum layout at this point but will see whats to come in the future.

Screenshot_20210708-081712_Chrome.jpg
Working on this!

I find the new marketplace a little difficult to use. Especially the search fuction. If I try to filter or search for certain things it doesnt seem to really work very well.
Thank you!

Listed something for sale and that part was easy. What is the sellers fee and how competitive are your shipping rates? Amazing the difference walking into Fed Ex or USPS with a pre-paid versus having them "ring" you up and put you through the "ringer".

David Houseward
We don't offer shipping rates.

I want to view it by "newest" and haven't figured out if/how that can be done. I often just window shop and want to see what has been most recently added. Perhaps that's how it is already, I haven't spent that much time with it.

I do miss the public Q&A ability of the forum, though I recognize I can still just view everything in "classic" mode.
I'll get some info on that but if you hit the button "ask a question" it opens up a thread for you to talk. Every time you create a new listing a new thread is auto created as well.

Yes, I have searched, found and purchased from the new Beta Market.

Boom! What did you get? Where are you in the process?

DanSavesTheDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would definitely be helpful to have shipping as an option to add to the listing and being able to apply that filter for searching the new marketplace. Maybe even add a local pickup filter with a drop-down menu for which state.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back