have you seen this!?

Wow that is amazing and I would love to see it in person! I would guess it's 24-30" although maybe not quite that big as they looks crazy huge when they get past 20"! The Omaha zoo has some derasas that are 20" plus (largest derasas I have ever seen) and look about that size.
 
A local guy drove out to DC earlier this year and brought back a 100 pound Gigas to Denver. It is in his large tank. 26-28 inch estimate. I think that he paid only a hundred or two for it... they are just not worth that much since there is no demand and nearly nobody has a tank for it. I guess that when they get too big, zoos and aquariums do not even want them.

http://www.marinecolorado.org/threads/say-hello-to-my-not-so-little-friend-gigas-clam.26620/
 
What can I say;Wideyed;Jawdrop amazing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new