• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Having a hard time deciding…

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sold (60) starfish to someone who lives a few hours from me, in the same state. Shipped 2/day. Got a message they were all dead but (3) of them. I replaced the whole order, even included a cool pack thinking that was the issue. Again, 2days later I get a message saying they are all dead. I have sent all over the USA and have always had great experiences, rarely an issue, maybe one shipment out of 50 something happens. I have given a complete refund for the $90. So not only am I out the $90, but also shipping supplies for two shipments, and (120) starfish from my stock.

What would you do? Chalk it up as a loss? Or question the buyer?

Unfortunately I have already refund their purchase; but just looking for feedback.

I just feel majorly cheated given my shipping history…

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have sold (60) starfish to someone who lives a few hours from me, in the same state. Shipped 2/day. Got a message they were all dead but (3) of them. I replaced the whole order, even included a cool pack thinking that was the issue. Again, 2days later I get a message saying they are all dead. I have sent all over the USA and have always had great experiences, rarely an issue, maybe one shipment out of 50 something happens. I have given a complete refund for the $90. So not only am I out the $90, but also shipping supplies for two shipments, and (120) starfish from my stock.

What would you do? Chalk it up as a loss? Or question the buyer?

Unfortunately I have already refund their purchase; but just looking for feedback.

I just feel majorly cheated given my shipping history…
Did they send you pictures of the doa?

OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they send you pictures of the doa?
Technically yes, but unlike a fish it’s impossible to know by looking at the pics.

I did the right things and gave a refund. But like I said, a picture doesn’t show much for these little guys when still in water.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back