Having problem installing the JBJ Auto Top Off

This is an Idea you can try
IMG_1831-1.jpg


You gave me a idea I have a magnet on a strip like Velcro I think I might try it
 
There is another way or a few other ways, but this is the cheapest, simplest and fastest way. For example, buy super strong magnet (Ebay or HD) and plastic dip them...the product is smaller and stronger than the mag float. Or buy the replacement magnets from the frag rack store. some are very strong and they are very small and thin compared to the mag float

Great pic exactly what I ment @ngvu1
 
Now I just turned it on and it was taking water from the tank and filling the resourivor.... What am I doing wrong
 
most of the time it is because your reservoir water level is lower than where you pump the water to and your hose is submerged so gravity siphons the water when your pump is not working. Either raise your water hose above the sump/display tank or get a pump that does not allow water to siphon back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new