hawaii wiki snorkeling

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2017
Messages
2,888
Reaction score
4,202
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the place to go? I was thinking of something where I could go by my self. Where I could just buy or rent equipment.
 
No one? There must be someone who’s been there before.
 
It has been 20 years since I lived on the Big island.
Hanama Bay on Oahu was the default.

Kinda, almost anywhere you fall in the water.

Most of the coastline is rocky and the surf is often strong. Just be careful getting in-and-out.

Which islands are you visiting?

Any one of the catamaran snorkeling cruises should be a lot of fun and not too expensive.
 
It has been 20 years since I lived on the Big island.
Hanama Bay on Oahu was the default.

Kinda, almost anywhere you fall in the water.

Most of the coastline is rocky and the surf is often strong. Just be careful getting in-and-out.

Which islands are you visiting?

Any one of the catamaran snorkeling cruises should be a lot of fun and not too expensive.

Thank you

We don’t really have any set plans as of yet. Wife doesn’t like snorkeling so I’ll end up going solo but how can I not go.
 
Been to Oahu a few times... Always found it cheaper to book an activity while there, as opposed to booking online before arriving.
Have seen recent reports of Hanama Bay not being anything like it was 10-20 yrs ago...too many tourists!
 
Been to Oahu a few times... Always found it cheaper to book an activity while there, as opposed to booking online before arriving.
Have seen recent reports of Hanama Bay not being anything like it was 10-20 yrs ago...too many tourists!

Sad
 
Thank you

We don’t really have any set plans as of yet. Wife doesn’t like snorkeling so I’ll end up going solo but how can I not go.
What does she enjoy doing?

The 2-3 hour catamaran sails are nice even if you don't get in the water.
Unless she's prone to sea sickness.
[emoji57]
 
What does she enjoy doing?

The 2-3 hour catamaran sails are nice even if you don't get in the water.
Unless she's prone to sea sickness.
[emoji57]

She wants to go to a luau and a pineapple plantation. Diving and snorkeling isn’t her thing at all. I’m we will take me 8 year old to the beach several time as he loves water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new