Hawaii Yellow tang

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Eventually I hope they do indeed eliminate 99% of wildcaught fish for aquariums but I think it's too early to be able to captive breed every type of fish.

This would kill the hobby and make prices unaffordable via very limited supplies and few players controlling it.

metalle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea, however breeding is challenging and hit miss… turns out to be economically challenging due to all costs involved. I wish it was easy, or economically feasible. Those that have tried have not continued even when they demonstrate feasibility.

Last edited:

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can still personally collect fish for your home tank. That's new,, I haven't checked on that in years but after seeing this post just went to DLNR and checked it out. You used to need a permit for this.
That is good info. If I ever find myself there, I may come home with a few items.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good info. If I ever find myself there, I may come home with a few items.
I had the old permit, and im fortunate enough to be able to visit each year. I never collected any fish. As I didnt want to deal with hassle of having more than 3oz of liquid and fish and could never get a straight answer from the airlines on this. I didnt want to show up with some fish and have them say no and toss them in the trash. But I did bring back a few hermits on trips before the ban took effect.

metalle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, does anyone have the links to the original Environmental Impact assessment and the revised Environmental impact assessment?
I could not find them
Thanks

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back