OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're a lot more docile than fimbriated lol. Mine seems to stay away from ornamental fish at least. However things that don't look pretty or gives that "food appeal" (like a snapper you catch from a bay), tends to be eaten. I put 3 snappers that I caught in my tank and he ate one of them. However, he leaves my ornamental fish alone, even when they were newly added.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are much more even tempered, I've seen them kept for years and years with many varied large fish. The only time I ever saw an issue was during an introduction of a new fish to the tank, and I 100% say that was user error.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Locally someone recently gave two of them to the zoo here. He got tried of them dominating the system and no one wanted to spend much cash on them even though he was offering them pretty cheap. Was nice the zoo was able to take them.

kodama16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are those Dragon eels with other fish? Will they eventually eat everything else like a Fimbriated? Or are they more even-tempered? Have always really like them and someday will probably think about maybe planning to consider possibly getting one. :0)
I’d say given long enough time and small enough fish they will eat everything. But large fish should be fine.

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same temperament as Gymnothorax ime. Keeping them well fed reduces the risk but I still wouldn't keep one with fish you don't mind losing.

ETA--- fish too large to eat are fair game, just take a bite
009-1.jpg~original

Last edited:

DrDNA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just acquired a large Hawaiian Dragon eel. It's predominately white with tan and black markings. I just recd it last week and it's still settling in. Hoping he or she acclimnates okay and decides to feed. It's really fat and healthy looking though

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back