OP
Aloha Corals

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only kidding about the polyps. It sounds like you really appreciate where you live and it speaks to your soul. I feel the same way about living in the Sonoran desert.

Thank you. I've never been to a real desert before. Always wanted to. Though where i live on Oahu is considered a desert. Cactus and Scorpions, though I've never seen a scorpion. Only heard they are here. This area of Oahu is so overdeveloped its no longer desert like. Nice to have so little rain though.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! I gotta get out there and go diving. It must take the will power of a saint not to leave the reef with pockets full of polyps.

1+ that video was awesome...such amazing stuff out there. Florida coast is nice and all but nothing like hawaii!!

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I've never been to a real desert before. Always wanted to. Though where i live on Oahu is considered a desert. Cactus and Scorpions, though I've never seen a scorpion. Only heard they are here. This area of Oahu is so overdeveloped its no longer desert like. Nice to have so little rain though.

whaddya know? Hawaii has a desert too. I've always imagined it as a lush rainforest like the "Lost" tv show.

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are killer:wink:

2Q11210.jpg

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question for you on the ding dangs - do you find that light makes a difference on the color?
mine look more like you first 3 pics then the last 4 ones - how do you bring out the pink?

OP
OP
Aloha Corals

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question for you on the ding dangs - do you find that light makes a difference on the color?
mine look more like you first 3 pics then the last 4 ones - how do you bring out the pink?

In my best guess i would say the higher lighting keeps the pink. Due to Ding Dang morphing so much even under the same light, its hard to pinpoint how they will end up. All Ding Dangs should have a hint of pink, the rest is a crap shoot. Pic number 2 is the best pic to show the morphing even when connected to the same mat.

zoas_23APR11_004.jpg

Kevin

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the ding dangs that I've ever had ended up looking like the polyps in the middle: dark with pink specks.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my best guess i would say the higher lighting keeps the pink. Due to Ding Dang morphing so much even under the same light, its hard to pinpoint how they will end up. All Ding Dangs should have a hint of pink, the rest is a crap shoot. Pic number 2 is the best pic to show the morphing even when connected to the same mat.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin this is good to know if i pick up some of these...also congrats on the first round series!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back