OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya her uncles health is failing and he fell. We are over at his house helping get him back in the bed. We will try to get home before the lights go out. :(

Second time today she called needing help.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somebody got a new toy!!!

IMG_20190827_204938.jpg

@Katrina71 , Shelly picked up 4 gourgous Ultra RFA's. She is acclimating right now. She said she will make me post you a pic tommorow.

Everything looks sweet sir. I want RFA's so bad, but I know I cant turn a profit on them when the tank gets torn down this winter. Meh

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks sweet sir. I want RFA's so bad, but I know I cant turn a profit on them when the tank gets torn down this winter. Meh
What? A torn down? Did I miss something?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still need to glue things in place. Getting ready to place an order for a 36" hybrid. Tomorrow is setting up the apex, building a shelf for the dosing jugs and testing.

Finally had the pleasure of meeting a couple of R2R reefers in Kansas City. @Almondkc & @Geebs19 ! Both are great guys!

I had the second Hippo I aquired that I was trying to find a good home for with no luck. I didn't like the thought of holding him in my 36 qt, so at the last minute he finally found his new home...

He can stay as long as he wants. :)

Two blue hippos!

Awesome. Putting faces on friends and hearing the laughs in person is a great experience.

Hope the peace continues for the blues!

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Putting faces on friends and hearing the laughs in person is a great experience.

Hope the peace continues for the blues!
I hope the peace continues as well, so far they are doing FANTASTIC together. It's like Lenney and Squiggy, the best of friends.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have your address. Don't make me come see those RFA in person! :)
Sorry, we will make it happen tonight! We spent most of the evening at her aunt's house again last night. I have been trying to hook up my APEX, test both tanks and take pics for the past 2 days but it just hasn't worked out.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to no surprise the big colonies I placed in the tank are sucking calcium like a kid sucking the last little bit of a milkshake at the bottom of a cup. I have been manual dosing until I educate my self on the Apex I just picked up and the BRS 1.1ml pumps that came with the coral/fish deal. I'm jealous of you tech savoy gays and gals!

Making water for my weekly water change and getting ready to swap out one of my hydra 26's. I lost 3 colors on one light, ai was great to deal with. Breaking down and ordering a hd 52 and swinging the 2 hd 26's further outboard for better coverage.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to no surprise the big colonies I placed in the tank are sucking calcium like a kid sucking the last little bit of a milkshake at the bottom of a cup. I have been manual dosing until I educate my self on the Apex I just picked up and the BRS 1.1ml pumps that came with the coral/fish deal. I'm jealous of you tech savoy gays and gals!

Making water for my weekly water change and getting ready to swap out one of my hydra 26's. I lost 3 colors on one light, ai was great to deal with. Breaking down and ordering a hd 52 and swinging the 2 hd 26's further outboard for better coverage.

I got my hydra26hd's used and lost the RB channel a week in. They sent me a new one to swap with return shipping paid. No questions. Just a claim form for my info.

Awesome CS from them I've always heard nothing less. And congrats on snagging a 52 for the center! The sps are going to loooooooove that move man! Cant wait for it to get hooked up!

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Game on! I was getting ready to pull the trigger and order my light. My LFS buddie knew someone getting ready to post his. Oh, it's nice to save money!

Still fighting the blasted APEX and trying to figure how to obtain the magical token. Frustrated!

IMG_20190902_192051.jpg

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another fun filled night. We set up a new RFA tank for the boss, I mean my wife. Ya I probably got it right the first time! The lights are terrible so I'm getting ready to do some mods to the top and buy her a new light (she doesn't know it yet). She picked the fluval flex 9 gallon for her little garden. Sorry Katrina, the lights are so bad in this tank I can get a good pic! Thinking about the kessil 80? Anyone have experiance with this light?

Still trying to glue corals down, super glue and the aquastik putty is NOT impressive! I'm open for tips and tricks.

I finally placed my Octo box in my tank for my female maroon... shhhh, she doesn't know it yet, but I'm tired of that little pirrahna making a meal out of me while I'm trying to work. I LOVE this box and the quality. The magnet is supper strong and would work great on tanks less than 1/2 inch. 2 magnets would be perfect. To bad there isn't one for curved/bowfronts! Hint, hint
IMG_20190903_211404.jpg

Right now I'm downstairs placing a few fish in qt that is going into the RFA tank (Clown goby, horserace blenny, exquisite firefish), the blenny will eventually end up in the 144. I decided to give my little guys some sea veggies! Then I remembered I have 2 Hippos! This could be bad! Oh my, the aggression is terrible! ;Hilarious

Hint, the only agression going on in this tank is the male Lyretail. This is the second one I had and they both were butts.

Last edited:

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally have the APEX hooked up and working, I have a few more teeks to make and a couple more things to add then I'll connect the dosing equipment and try to figure that mess out. Thanks for the offer to help @Scurvy it is greatly appreciated!

The Hydra
52 is mounted, now I have GREAT coverage throughout the entire tank. What a huge difference that made. My diy mounting method isn't pretty but you can't tell when the canopy's on. :D

I ordered a kessil A80 for my wife's new RFA tank, eta Thursday, I'm excited because it's a surprise! I have to figure out a new top since the stock lid is going bye bye. Lid ideas are welcome! Fluval Flex 9 gallon. Once the lights are in @Katrina71 we will shoot you a couple pics. The stock lights in that unit are horrible. Be looking for another build thread in a few days. Thanks @Ron Reefman for discussing your experiances, tips and tricks with us!

Lights going down...
IMG_20190909_205045.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 104 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back