0   0   0
1593874230961.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear you are still hanging in there. Can we get some pics of the wrasses in qt or something? Frustratinf when one stupid thing can take away a year or more of hard work. Sorry bud...

Cheers to the revival!

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I really haven't posted my tank at all. Just aquascaping now. I was following your results as I collected parts. I'll post a picture shortly. Good luck on the tank! Don't give up.
Oh no, i won't give up. Its nothing more than patience and time. 4 tanks running right now but the reset on the 144 has been the most challenging of them all. Can't wait to see pics!

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear you are still hanging in there. Can we get some pics of the wrasses in qt or something? Frustratinf when one stupid thing can take away a year or more of hard work. Sorry bud...

Cheers to the revival!
Thanks Rich! I'm still hanging out at the lake with the Mrs.

I will snap some fresh picks when I get back, even the ugly state of the 144.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a VERY long time since I posted any updates. Personal issues knocked me down and kicked me while I was down. Life magically got better after a few changes. We took down the 32 down bio cube and moved all the nems to the 144. Sold a few nems so that always helps with the cost of gearing back up. On the 144 I had almost 2 years of no water changes, just feeding what I had alive. Started bringing it back to life a couple months ago and it’s slowly turning around to the point it can be enjoyed to watch once again. I haven’t changed anything, still running all the same equipment (except for a main pump that a snail trashed). The coraline algae was so thick on the glass it literally had to be chipped away. Not sure how many blades I went through on the flipper. The hair algae was out of control as you would expect. Started adding a few corals and plan to start kalk when it’s time. Today was my 3 battle trying to rid flat worms…that always brings joy. Not!

1EEFCB73-C855-4132-AF8A-0C73BBD980D4.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating a current list of our inhabitants not including Nems, inverts, corals. Pulled some rocks and getting ready to work on the scape in the 144, place some corals, then it’s water change day in the QT tank for my exquisite wrasse when he arrives. Happy Reefing!

New additions - Orange-Back Fairy & Naoko Fairy Wrasse added yesterday afternoon.

Yellow Wrasse
(Halichoeres chrysus)

Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse
(Cirrhilabrus aurantidorsalis)

Naoko's Fairy Wrasse
(Cirrhilabrus naokoae)

Powder Brown Tang
(Acanthurus japonicus)

Blue Tang
(Paracanthurus hepatus)

Magnificent Foxface
(Siganus magnificus)

Lawnmower Blenny
(Salarias fasciatus)

Pink Spotted Watchman Goby (Cryptocentrus leptocephalus)

Kaudern's Cardinal x3
(Pterapogon kauderni)

Blue Chromis
(Chromis cyanea)

Flameback Angelfish
(Centropyge acanthops)

Ocellaris Clownfish x2
(Amphiprion ocellaris )

Back