Healthy Fish Diet

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all!

Right now, my is broadcast fed Frozen Mysis, Seaweed Extreme Pellets, and Reef Chili. Now I know that this is sufficient, but it's also not the most complete nutrition for my fish.

I saw AmericanReef HPD, and it looks intriguing. Anyone have experience with this? How have you customized it for your own tanks? Is there a better way to DIY food for the tank? How do new fish (in the QT) take it?

Looking for some input for a very healthy, nutrition packed diet for my fish... I think I can do better than what I am doing for my little guys. :)

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with food is frozen Mysis with some other mixes with food. I simply add some selcon and garlic and feed at least more than once a day. Never heard of American Reef HPD before.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOD in my opinion is just another food that is marketed for profit. It is no different then other prepared food. I have had good result with Rod's, LRS, PE mysis, NLS, ocean nutrition.
Don't fall for some advertisement. Keep an eye on your fish is more important than anything.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the ingredients and compare. Adding variety is great, but many brands use similar ingredients.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back