Heartbroken About my Midas Blenny

  • Thread starter Thread starter losaeyang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

losaeyang

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Location
Kent
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a midas blenny last week and it quickly became my favorite fish. Since the fish was quarantine at the LFS, I drip acclimated and got it into the display. The fish was very active and ate alot. I even noticed it coloring back to normal after the second day. I didn't notice anything until this morning when it didn't jump out to eat. I found it breathing heavy on the sandbed and turned transparent brown with cloudy eyes. It was too late for me to do anything and I watched it pass. I've no idea how it was fine one day and gone the next. I justed wanted to post something as I did not think losing a fish would sadden me this much.

Note: I have a yellow coris and two clowns in the tank for the last 6 months and no issues with them.
 
I got a midas blenny last week and it quickly became my favorite fish. Since the fish was quarantine at the LFS, I drip acclimated and got it into the display. The fish was very active and ate alot. I even noticed it coloring back to normal after the second day. I didn't notice anything until this morning when it didn't jump out to eat. I found it breathing heavy on the sandbed and turned transparent brown with cloudy eyes. It was too late for me to do anything and I watched it pass. I've no idea how it was fine one day and gone the next. I justed wanted to post something as I did not think losing a fish would sadden me this much.

Note: I have a yellow coris and two clowns in the tank for the last 6 months and no issues with them.
Yeah fish deaths hit hard. For me at least. Sorry about the midas :(
 
I feel ya! I had my Midas for 4 years. One of my favorites!
I loved mine! Then Ivar my jeweled eel ate him one day. Been in almost a year no issues. Dang eels lol
 
So sorry for the loss of your Midas. A lot of fish are just fish, but a Midas Blenny is more like a pet to many of us. There is just something special about them!
 
I have had a few Midas blennies and they truly are special. I am very sorry for your loss. It's not always apparent why a new fish dies. I hold my breath for 2 weeks after I get new fish before I breathe easier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new