Heater age?

The_Barrs_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
159
Reaction score
49
Location
Rowlett, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!
I am coming up on about a year and a half with my colbalt heater in my 120gal, my question is I hear you should switch them out about a year to a year and a half.
My question is it’s still running great as of now but should I go ahead and replace it or just get a second one and place it with it in case the older one decides to quit working? I also have it attached to a cut off if it gets too hot.

thanks in advance!
 
Think it’s a good idea to have more than one heater, in tank, working, just in case. Also think it a good idea to have them on a controller. Would not trust the heater itself to control temp.
With that said have multiple heaters for over a decade without issue, but again I do not depend on heater itself for temp control
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new