Heater burn?

DreamReef04

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

How can I determine if my orchid dottyback was burned by the heater? Is this even possible? The fish has white discoloration on one side of his body. Hes also breathing heavy and not active and continues to lay upright at the bottom and in a corner of the tank. He is currently in my QT with 2 other clownfish. They have all been getting along so I know it's not aggression. After I notoce the discoloration I did a water change and noticed a white flaky substance on the heater. It was only on one section of the heater. Once I pulled the heater out the substance started smoking. It didnt stink or anything though. My dottyback has been in the QT for almost 3 weeks and is only 7 days into copper treatment. What should I do? Thank uou
 
If it wasn’t able to swim and got stuck to the heater could happen. If the scales were actually stuck to the heater I would expect more severe wounds on the fish. Can you post pics?
 
These were the best I could get yesterday. Hopefully I can get better pics today. You can see slight discoloration in the picture

20200210_214720.jpg 20200210_214701.jpg
 
Now that I'm thinking about it, I do have PVC piece in the tank for cover. Could the heater burn a section of the pipe? If that's the case, is there a disease that would cause discoloration on the fish?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new