• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Heater Controllers...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Tony,
I know the charts.

lol
This is the second bad InKbird controller thread we've been on in one week.

What about 2 Finnex controllers or two cobalt aquatics neo-stat heater controllers?

Too bad that we can't get the Schego thermostats in the USA to pair up with "their" German-made titanium heaters, that BRS sells. Guess they don't make a version for the States.
I only use Finnex with built conreoller and probe which detects the tank temperature in true degrees. I have an inkbird on one of my 800w titaniums and it works perfect. Had it about a year now. As for Neo-therm. . . too many failing and/or even exploding. I would avoid them at all costs

Top Shelf Aquatics

NickC

View Badges
Reaction score
ABD3074F-919E-45AA-82B4-C71921A22A3D.jpeg

I wired in a pig tail to my ranco. Have three plugs, only use two. The wiring is easy, that video that someone posted above will help you.

Ranco is the way to go, don’t forget to heat shrink the probe.

ingchr1

View Badges
Reaction score
...As for Neo-therm. . . too many failing and/or even exploding. I would avoid them at all costs
I read the post as the neo-stat controller, not the heaters themselves. I have a couple that I used on my tanks before I had a controller. Also used it on a QT and my mixing bucket. They list for $100 but it seams you can always find them for $50.

Have you ever used a spoon, hose and rubber band together to remove algae?

• YES

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • NO

Votes: 84 50.0%
  • What the heck? (see the thread)

Votes: 79 47.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors