Heater Element Placing

cutter2001

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
95
Reaction score
77
Location
McAllen
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I need your help with figuring out where to place my heater element in a Red Sea G2 Nano XL. I have the Nanomat and ATO with all the standard equipment. I bought a BRS 100w titanium element with an Inkbird WiFi controller. I just don’t know where to put the element in the back. I’m a complete aquarium noob so any advise is much appreciated.

Cutter2001
 
Hey guys. I need your help with figuring out where to place my heater element in a Red Sea G2 Nano XL. I have the Nanomat and ATO with all the standard equipment. I bought a BRS 100w titanium element with an Inkbird WiFi controller. I just don’t know where to put the element in the back. I’m a complete aquarium noob so any advise is much appreciated.

Cutter2001
Red Sea max nano owner as well (not a XL but close enough) I shoved the heated where the filter sock went in the back left corner of the tank. Worked fine for me!
 
Hey guys. I need your help with figuring out where to place my heater element in a Red Sea G2 Nano XL. I have the Nanomat and ATO with all the standard equipment. I bought a BRS 100w titanium element with an Inkbird WiFi controller. I just don’t know where to put the element in the back. I’m a complete aquarium noob so any advise is much appreciated.

Cutter2001
Red Sea max nano owner as well (not a XL but close enough) I shoved the heated where the filter sock went in the back left corner of the tank. Worked fine for me!
I’m using the nano mat roller so I’m not sure there is enough room for both.
 
I have the G2 XL as well. With the NanoMat. Where did you end up placing your heater.
Maybe the slot for charcoal?
 
Yea thats a huge heater, 10.5". I run a Hygger 100 watt in my 15 aio. It comes with a controller and is compact. The brs 100 watt would have been to big.
I run brs titainiums in my sumps.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new