Heater Failure!

Shrooms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, kinda freaking out! My temps were low today 75.8, usually 77.5 80.0 and I kept an eye on my heater and sure enough it went out on me. I have a new eheim jager 75w as a backup. I haven’t used these heaters before as my orignal was preset. Im trying to calibrate it in a bucket and get it where I want. I have a Hydros Control 2 and need help setting it up as a fail safe. Is this set up fine? I don’t want to have the hydros turn the heater on an off when it doesn‘t need to. I originally had the outlet set to constant because it would cycle on and off nonstop when my temps were fine with the other heater. Hope someone can help!

image.jpg image.jpg

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd set the on and off temperatures to 77 and 81, so it shouldn't turn off, then look at the temperature graph and tune the heater knob until the middle of the swing is where you want it to be, and then you can change those on and off numbers to be closer together if the swing is too large for your liking.

OP
OP
Shrooms

Shrooms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd set the on and off temperatures to 77 and 81, so it shouldn't turn off, then look at the temperature graph and tune the heater knob until the middle of the swing is where you want it to be, and then you can change those on and off numbers to be closer together if the swing is too large for your liking.
Alright I think I have it figured out, I assume the graph was reset when I switched outlet configs. thank you for helping me! Do you think I should set the Heater outlet to ON instead of AUTO? Would that stop the outlet from cycling every time the heater reached the turn off point or does that not matter? I’d like the heater to function normally and only have the hydros there to turn it off or notify me if things go wrong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 17

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I think I have it figured out, I assume the graph was reset when I switched outlet configs. thank you for helping me! Do you think I should set the Heater outlet to ON instead of AUTO? Would that stop the outlet from cycling every time the heater reached the turn off point or does that not matter? I’d like the heater to function normally and only have the hydros there to turn it off or notify me if things go wrong.
No, don't set it to on, that would render the control pointless.

If or turns on and off too much, play around with those on and off temperatures. Those are the ones where if the temperature goes below that, the outlet will turn on, or if it goes above the other one, the outlet will turn off.

Those need to be outside the borders of your heater swing if you don't want them to constantly happen, but close enough so the tank doesnt go into dangerous territory

OP
OP
Shrooms

Shrooms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see, the tank is back to 77.3. I’ll keep an eye on it and adjust. Hopefully soon I’ll have something to frag and I’ll send it your way, have a great night and thank you again! ;Shamefullyembarrased

Back