Heater in fuge??

etork

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

Been a while, we are starting to add water so should be cycling by end if weekend. I'm working on wrapping a few things up, one of which is getting heaters in.

Our two 200w heaters are not fitting nicely in the return chamber of the sump. Could I mount them in the fuge chamber? I'm thinking on one each side (super low so they will always be submerged)

TY

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a heater in my return and the backup in my refugium. The chaeto grows fine over it. I actually forget it’s there sometimes until I start cleaning out my sump!

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all one big box of the same flowing water, so placement of the heater doesn’t make any difference.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all one big box of the same flowing water, so placement of the heater doesn’t make any difference.

^^^This^^^

Neither the heaters or the water really care where in the system the water gets heated from. Wherever they fit best is fine. Mine are in the refugium section as well.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raising this from the grave a bit, but you guys don't find issues with the heaters burning the chaeto, or making it brittle or something of that sort?

I've got my heaters in the center compartment of my IM 25 [with my ATO] and While I think they're fine there, I'm always wary of the compartment going dry and the heaters exploding/starting a fire.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back