Heater Melted

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys that hygger Heater melted the plastic fish guard in my Fluval 13.5. Don’t worry no tank damage I caught it in time. What happened was that water level dropped again in the 2 and third chamber. I’m like ughhhh. What’s going on here? So I think dense filter floss and cheato etc. The reason I like that hygger heater is it’s 6.75 inches has a separate controller and will only run for seconds to heat the tank.

I’m not chalking this up as heater failure but here’s what I am going to do. I’m removing the cheato and grow light. Running Purigen in combination with chemipure blue in my intank media basket. This way I have an extremely deep weir that I can submerge a Heater in if those weirs ever fluctuate again. Otherwise it’s a heater in the main display. 3rd chamber I’m never doing a heater in again. Theirs just no room for error. With an ATO now you decrease salinity. I think although my cheato as it grows and dense filter floss slows the flow causing the water level to drop.

Anyways! I think we are okay heir. But I’m off to go do a water change just to be safe.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure of it that return pump pushes water out as the filter floss is packed or as it builds up it drops the water level. Well where I grow the cheato it grows great!!!! But as it grows it blocks flow. As it’s do for a trim right now. So I think that’s the answer to the problem. Kiss the cheato good bye and use purigen have a deeper chamber for the heater in the event the flow ever slows again causing a decrease in water level. Floss the 2 day change I can deal with or less dense peice. But that’s what I think is doing it. Heater in main display not fond of, but I can’t have one melting either.

Back