Heater placement question

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use some help placing my heater in my trigger 26 sump. I have space for it in the skimmer diagonally behind my skimmer, or in the "refugium" section next to it. I plan on filling the refugium section with marine pure balls/cubes since I'm going bare bottom. The skimmer section has the cut out for my apex probe. I will be running the BRS heater with their own temp probe. I plan on using the apex temp probe as the backup and the BRS probe to control the temp.

My question is: Is it better to put the heater in the same chamber, fairly close to where at least the backup apex temp probe will be, or is it OK to somewhat cover or at least have marine pure balls touching the heater in the next chamber?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use some help placing my heater in my trigger 26 sump. I have space for it in the skimmer diagonally behind my skimmer, or in the "refugium" section next to it. I plan on filling the refugium section with marine pure balls/cubes since I'm going bare bottom. The skimmer section has the cut out for my apex probe. I will be running the BRS heater with their own temp probe. I plan on using the apex temp probe as the backup and the BRS probe to control the temp.

My question is: Is it better to put the heater in the same chamber, fairly close to where at least the backup apex temp probe will be, or is it OK to somewhat cover or at least have marine pure balls touching the heater in the next chamber?
honestly, as long as the heater is fully submerged and isn't covered in gunk it doesn't rlly matter. Maybe better in the skimmer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back