Heater placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cameron
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cameron

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2015
Messages
168
Reaction score
69
Location
Apple Valley, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36x10x12 tank that was already set up when I bought it. When it was set up at the LFS, the heater was placed in one of the corners in the back of the tank. Is there a reason he had it placed there? I've moved it to the back wall in the center of the tank, because I think it makes more sense to have it as close to the center as possible, especially on a tank that is long and skinny like mine. Should I move it back or should it be where I moved it to? Thanks in advance.
 
Yep anywhere is fine the flow keeps everything moving so no hot spots near heater and everything stays pretty even temp throughout tank. As said already more for visual appeal as to placement of it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new