Heater Question

aceer15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals,

I just started up a 40 gallon breeder and sump. The heater I purchased is too tall for the tank unless I put it on it's side which I really don't want to do. Ideally I would like to put it in the sump but the current one is too large to put there too. Does anyone know of a heater that will fit a sump and be powerful enough to heat the 40 gallon tank?

Thanks y'all

MadBrad527

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used it or seen it myself, but I do know that many many people on R2R use the Eheim Jager for sump heating. I have no experience, but it's something for you to at least look in to...

Palting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals,

I just started up a 40 gallon breeder and sump. The heater I purchased is too tall for the tank unless I put it on it's side which I really don't want to do. Ideally I would like to put it in the sump but the current one is too large to put there too. Does anyone know of a heater that will fit a sump and be powerful enough to heat the 40 gallon tank?

Thanks y'all

How big is your sump? What are the dimensions for the space you want to place the heater in? :)

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the Hydor in-line. Running the 300 watt on my 75 with 20 gal sump.

OP
OP
A

aceer15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your sump? What are the dimensions for the space you want to place the heater in? :)

The supm is very small, maybe 10 gallons total, I can fit the width of a heater, my main problem is the depth of my water. All of the heater's I've seen say they need to be about 12" under water but my sump only fills up about 4-6" with water.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back