heater thermostat

  • Thread starter Thread starter renato120
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2014
Messages
2,234
Reaction score
1,333
Location
Nashua,NH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a good heater thermostat? I dont really trust the cheap digital ones from ebay. I need a good one to calibrate my Apex, and get the real temperature.
Thank you.
 
You want dead accurate? Get a Herpstat, reptile proportional thermostat. Instead of an on/off switch it will regulate the voltage going to the heating element. It holds temps in my reptile incubator within .2+/- degree Fahrenheit. I'll put it this way, I trusted using their thermostats on $3,000.00 - $5,000.00 snakes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new