Heaters for 55 gallon w/sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter buddymilo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

buddymilo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2015
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice for new heaters in my 55g system. Not happy with the current heater came with the tank (not sure if it is 150 or 200)
Setting up a sump, and hoping to house the heaters in it.

Curious if 2-150's will be sufficient

The DT is a 55 and the sump is a 20L so roughly 65-70 gallons in the system.

Any tips/things to be wary of for heaters in the sump?

I've seen a lot of support for the EHEIM Jager.

Thanks in advance for the help!
 
A+ EHEIM Jager.
 
I had a 150w eheim jager in my 55g sumpless. It did fine to keep up temp, our house is climate controlled year round to ~72-74°F.
I have a finnex controller on my setup now, 120g display. I still use eheim but wanted another fail safe, so I'd recommend a Controller regardless of heater brand
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new