Heaters

  • Thread starter Thread starter ray72484
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
A swing of that size is no good for the fish. If it was me I would noe use the heater in my DT. I may be over paranoid but anything that has been in copper doesn't come near my dt. a swing that lg in 1 day on a continual basis might stress the fish enough to kill it.
 
I would run 2 300w heaters. That way if one fails you can still have a backup. It's how I ran my old tank that was almost the same size
 
I currently am running a 60gal acrylic cube as my display that I previously used as a QT tank to treat my fish with cupramine and I have no troubles with my livestock. So i would have no qualms about using that heater if you clean it.

The 8 degree swing on the other hand is something I would buy a temp controller to fix.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new