Heating equipment advice

fugetaboutit05

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Messages
103
Reaction score
43
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a heating equipment question and am in need of opinions, advice and suggestions.

Setup:

380g Display
48xl icecap sump
Total system water volume 400g (approx.)

Original Setup included the brs titanium 600w heater with the controller. Worked fine up to a week ago when I woke up at 5 am on a Saturday to all my alarms sounding off for low temp and continuous heating time allowed.

Corrected the issue with auxiliary equipment and the system is running fine currently. But i have 2 glass heaters now hooked up to the system.

I know the risks of glass heaters in a sump, so I want to change them out.

Are the titanium heaters still a good option being this one lasted for 14mo?

Is there a better option to go with that has better longevity?

How long can the glass heaters hold up to heating a system this size? (2x 300w units)

Suggestions, advice, experience all welcome. Thanks in advance!
 
I run two 300w titaniums on my 175 system but I'm also running my sump in my basement in Wisconsin. They have lasted about 18 months so far. With the glass heaters I usually used to replace every year. You may have to beef up your heaters a bit for that system. Best of luck to you :)
 
I run two 300w titaniums on my 175 system but I'm also running my sump in my basement in Wisconsin. They have lasted about 18 months so far. With the glass heaters I usually used to replace every year. You may have to beef up your heaters a bit for that system. Best of luck to you :)
Possibly a dual 600w titanium setup then. I looked them up and I've seen some pretty bad reviews from the hobby community. They were recommended from several sources when I initially built the system so that's why I went with it. Thanks for the suggestions
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new