OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct - the temp probe is up top in the overflow box. Heaters are in the sump. Look to the right of my skimmer, you will see the heater positioned horizontally.
1618536110170.jpeg
I like that skimmer stand too

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that skimmer stand too
Let me know if putting the probe in the overflow works for you? I found that this placement stopped E1 errors.

Note - I turn off the heater when my return pump is off. Sometimes got E1 errors when water flow stopped.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 2X 200 watt system in my Red Sea XL300 with the elements in the sump and the probe there as well in a different chamber. I get repeated E5 error code no matter where I move the second heating element and its getting plenty of flow. Paul at IM was excellent to deal with about this problem and provided great customer service. He is sending me out a new controller to see if that solves the issue. I originally was using the system with a single 350 watt element for a week without any issues at all only when I switched to the dual heating elements did I start getting error codes.

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just started throwing the E1 error code again. I love the heater and it’s accuracy, but this is getting old. I tried cleaning it but there is some sort of corrosion on my elements that I can’t get off with a tooth brush. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Innovative Marine so I have had nothing but trouble with mine. So I thought it had been working, but I was wrong. One of the elements wasn’t working which for some reason caused the alarm to not work on the control board. I unplugged the element and plugged it back in and now the element is working but the alarm and error codes are back. So my tank has been sitting at 75 degrees for a few weeks. The element that wasn’t working the light doesn’t work too I don’t know if that tells us anything. They have sent me a new probe and control board but it doesn’t seem to work. I think I’m gonna go back to the old school heaters that was so much more simple than this.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Innovative Marine so I have had nothing but trouble with mine. So I thought it had been working, but I was wrong. One of the elements wasn’t working which for some reason caused the alarm to not work on the control board. I unplugged the element and plugged it back in and now the element is working but the alarm and error codes are back. So my tank has been sitting at 75 degrees for a few weeks. The element that wasn’t working the light doesn’t work too I don’t know if that tells us anything. They have sent me a new probe and control board but it doesn’t seem to work. I think I’m gonna go back to the old school heaters that was so much more simple than this.
I recently had a problem with my HELIO controller. Sent an email to IM. They called me immediately and sent out a new controller. No issues for over a month since getting new controller and steady temps.

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, sorry to hear you are getting frustrated with the E1 error code. The Helio controller and remote temperature sensor are constantly communicating every second to ensure temps are accurate and that temps don't increase or decrease rapidly. If your getting E1 more frequently you may have some type of EMF interference happening from some other equipment. Please try to move the sensor further away from other electrical equipment especially pumps and sources of strong magnets. Also make sure that the sensor cable is not overlapping another cable that may also cause the problem.

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, sorry to hear you are getting frustrated with the E1 error code. The Helio controller and remote temperature sensor are constantly communicating every second to ensure temps are accurate and that temps don't increase or decrease rapidly. If your getting E1 more frequently you may have some type of EMF interference happening from some other equipment. Please try to move the sensor further away from other electrical equipment especially pumps and sources of strong magnets. Also make sure that the sensor cable is not overlapping another cable that may also cause the problem.
I’ve tried that. I have a very long case with IM. Ive talked on and off with customer service for a year moving stuff around in my aquarium. Sometimes it will work for a week or two then start throwing the code again. I don’t have anywhere else I can put it because the cord is so short for my probe. It is not long enough to reach my over flow box.

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a problem with my HELIO controller. Sent an email to IM. They called me immediately and sent out a new controller. No issues for over a month since getting new controller and steady temps.
Yea they sent me a new controller and that worked for alittle bit.

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried that. I have a very long case with IM. Ive talked on and off with customer service for a year moving stuff around in my aquarium. Sometimes it will work for a week or two then start throwing the code again. I don’t have anywhere else I can put it because the cord is so short for my probe. It is not long enough to reach my over flow box.
Please message me directly with your information so I can look into this for you.

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if putting the probe in the overflow works for you? I found that this placement stopped E1 errors.

Note - I turn off the heater when my return pump is off. Sometimes got E1 errors when water flow stopped.
So they sent me a whole new system with longer cords so I can put the probe in the overflow. One question I have for you is you say you turn the unit off while the pump is off. Do you just in plug it?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they sent me a whole new system with longer cords so I can put the probe in the overflow. One question I have for you is you say you turn the unit off while the pump is off. Do you just in plug it?
Very nice on the whole new system with longer cords! I find Innovative Marine to be a very responsive, customer oriented company.

I no longer turn the heater off when I turn my return pump off. Just realize that when I do turn the return pump off, the temp probe is in my overflow box and the heating elements are in my sump.

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice on the whole new system with longer cords! I find Innovative Marine to be a very responsive, customer oriented company.

I no longer turn the heater off when I turn my return pump off. Just realize that when I do turn the return pump off, the temp probe is in my overflow box and the heating elements are in my sump.
Does it throw an error code? When it sits out of the water?

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My turn. Mine has stated throwing E1 and E5 codes. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it works for a few hrs and then throws the code again. I’ve move the probe all over the tank, but it doesn’t make a difference. The heater is in the sump and the probe is in the display.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My turn. Mine has stated throwing E1 and E5 codes. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it works for a few hrs and then throws the code again. I’ve move the probe all over the tank, but it doesn’t make a difference. The heater is in the sump and the probe is in the display.
The probe and the heater must be in the same space. That is the safety aspect of it. The heating element also has a probe in it. So if they do not match the system shuts down for the tanks safety

NorthBayReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question hoping the community can answer. When I do my water changes, I refill my tank in my sump. Every once in awhile my new water is cool enough to trigger an E7 alarm. I manually silenced it but what I didn't realize was hours later my tank temp was steadily dropping. I found the E7 error still on and no heater action. I did a quick reset on phone with my Apex and all is fine. Just odd to me that the system would not reset on its own like when other errors occur. Thoughts out there?
TIA

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%

Back