Helios Heaters

beaker5377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Recently purchased some heaters for my new build and cant get these figured out. No matter what I get error E3 (overheat). I have moved the probe, elements to sump, DT or frag tank, same result. I have checked my temps and am consistently reading 77.5-78.6. I have the high set point at 80 on the Helios. Now I took the whole kit and setup in a sink of cold water and they work. I know what I've written out here make me look like a moron, but I am totally at a loss! 2 other sets of heaters are fine, and my water has NEVER been 80.

Thanks so much,

OP
OP
B

beaker5377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Recently purchased some heaters for my new build and cant get these figured out. No matter what I get error E3 (overheat). I have moved the probe, elements to sump, DT or frag tank, same result. I have checked my temps and am consistently reading 77.5-78.6. I have the high set point at 80 on the Helios. Now I took the whole kit and setup in a sink of cold water and they work. I know what I've written out here make me look like a moron, but I am totally at a loss! 2 other sets of heaters are fine, and my water has NEVER been 80.

Thanks so much,
Saw these threads beneath and may have answered my own question "Actually the Helios are safer and used a temperature ceramic in them. They heaters also have a probe in them that has to be in range with the other probe, otherwise they will shut off and throw an error code. So that means your probe has to be in the same place as your element. I am really happy with mine. (once I figured out the probe thing)"

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back