Hello All From Northwest Indiana

regionreef219

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2021
Messages
60
Reaction score
70
Location
NWI
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I live in the Vale of Northwest Indiana, hopefully I can find some other local reefers to hopefully get frags and anything else. I know of Petco, The Ark, and Pet haven as places for SW reef stuff so if there is another hidden gem local let me know.

I have had FW fish in the past for about 10 years. Stopped when I went to college and now I finally pulled the trigger on setting up a reef tank. My premier freshwater tank was a 30 gallon that I had a mated pair of angelfish that would lay eggs regularly (always eaten by a blue lobster until he decided he wanted to live outside the tank) and a 55 gallon discus tank. It was really cool watching the behaviors of the angelfish as they would do their breeding stuff.

I just started a build thread for my 29 gallon with 10 gallon sump. I have gathered lots on info here over past 3 months and for the past month I have been buying and getting my tank together. I do have a build thread I am going to keep updated as I move along the hobby.

Thanks for reading.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new