Hello all

BSmooth

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
33
Location
Levittown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. New here. Have had a 26 gallon bow front I acquired from and old coworker about 8 years ago.
Had recent issues that I've been fixing for the last month plus and have been learning so much. I've heard this is the place to go for info and help so here I am.
Came with 1 clownfish and 1 blackcap basslet. And 8 years later they're still doing great even with the issues I'm fixing like a salinity drop and high nitrates. Getting them both under control finally and about to purchase a clean up crew this weekend.
Going for 4 each of nassarius, Astraea and cerith snails.
Been an interesting month and an expensive month. Have had to replace heater, refugium light, add couple powerheads, main tank light bar, Chaeto, etc etc etc
Anyway, enough rambling from me now.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hello all. New here. Have had a 26 gallon bow front I acquired from and old coworker about 8 years ago.
Had recent issues that I've been fixing for the last month plus and have been learning so much. I've heard this is the place to go for info and help so here I am.
Came with 1 clownfish and 1 blackcap basslet. And 8 years later they're still doing great even with the issues I'm fixing like a salinity drop and high nitrates. Getting them both under control finally and about to purchase a clean up crew this weekend.
Going for 4 each of nassarius, Astraea and cerith snails.
Been an interesting month and an expensive month. Have had to replace heater, refugium light, add couple powerheads, main tank light bar, Chaeto, etc etc etc
Anyway, enough rambling from me now.
Welcome to R2R!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, the greatest community out of water!
 
Wlecome! You're choices in snails are perfect. You can even go more in that aquarium.
Thanks although I had to get nerites instead of cerith since my LFS didn't have them.
But they're eating away now so hopefully within couple weeks I need to supplement with algae wafers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new