Hello All!

Adalwulf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am new to r2r and relatively new to saltwater but definitly not new to fishkeeping(freshwater). I have always loved reef tanks and especially anemones of all shapes and sizes but never really put in the research or effort to find more information or to break down a freshwater tank to replace.

Of course, while I have been keeping fish since I was 10 when I headed to college I had to break down all my tanks but one small 10 gallon that I could bring to the dorms. Now that I am out of the dorms and renting a house I definitly wanted to start fishkeeping again but thought that I would take this chance to start reef tanks. I have already set up a 20 gallon quarantine tank(filter, lights, frag rack, pvc hide aways, some rock, tub of sand) and have an empty stock 32 gallon biocube. I already have a few(read as 20+) pounds of rock that I am keeping cycled in the quarantine to move to the biocube once its set up(I already cemented it in a formation I like as well), sand, filter media, fish food, etc. but thought that even though the cycle for my quarantine took 2+ months until the parameters were good/great and that it should mean I know plenty that I would have an account here since it is the site that has helped me the most. It is also very likely that I will start a thread for advice with the 32 biocube later but in the meantime I'm going to finish building the stand, setting it up for a fishless cycle(aided by the rock in the quarantine), and doing enough research that I feel paranoid.

Anyways... Hello everyone that may deign to read my post! Happy reefing! Any advice would be welcome because while I have done research and read a lot I'm sure that new information may have come out in comparison to some of the older threads and advice is always welcome.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
A

Adalwulf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clint Eastwood.gif

Howdy. Glad you are here. Thanks for the introduction and be sure to start a build thread.
As a Texan I must reply with a: Howdy to ya too!

I will definitely start a build thread! Probably after work though... I got to work a bit early so I'm going through the threads as I wait to be assigned a task but I will definitely start a build thread soon after I build the stand and put the tank on top. Mostly for questions like PAR(because the box lists the par...but is it trustworthy),egg crate below the rocks or not(I have flat base rock on the bottom of my aquascape), stocking opinions(in a month or so), best starter coral,if I should wait for my tank to mature and add an anemone before adding coral, and other miscellaneous questions that I would love some advice on.

OP
OP
A

Adalwulf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group! We are here and happy to help! Sounds like you know the right approach: Research, plan, ask questions, research some more, compare notes etc. etc. BUT... remember to have fun with it too!
For sure! For me half the fun is in research, I am a biology nerd/major after all, so I will definitely have fun both with the reefing itself and the research too!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back