Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am new to r2r and relatively new to saltwater but definitly not new to fishkeeping(freshwater). I have always loved reef tanks and especially anemones of all shapes and sizes but never really put in the research or effort to find more information or to break down a freshwater tank to replace.

Of course, while I have been keeping fish since I was 10 when I headed to college I had to break down all my tanks but one small 10 gallon that I could bring to the dorms. Now that I am out of the dorms and renting a house I definitly wanted to start fishkeeping again but thought that I would take this chance to start reef tanks. I have already set up a 20 gallon quarantine tank(filter, lights, frag rack, pvc hide aways, some rock, tub of sand) and have an empty stock 32 gallon biocube. I already have a few(read as 20+) pounds of rock that I am keeping cycled in the quarantine to move to the biocube once its set up(I already cemented it in a formation I like as well), sand, filter media, fish food, etc. but thought that even though the cycle for my quarantine took 2+ months until the parameters were good/great and that it should mean I know plenty that I would have an account here since it is the site that has helped me the most. It is also very likely that I will start a thread for advice with the 32 biocube later but in the meantime I'm going to finish building the stand, setting it up for a fishless cycle(aided by the rock in the quarantine), and doing enough research that I feel paranoid.

Anyways... Hello everyone that may deign to read my post! Happy reefing! Any advice would be welcome because while I have done research and read a lot I'm sure that new information may have come out in comparison to some of the older threads and advice is always welcome.
Welcome!

I'm a Texas transplant, but native or not all Texans seem active in reefing! Aquashella coming to Dallas October 30 & 31st. It will be my first

Glad you joined

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back